JR-West Corporate Philosophy
- 1We, being conscious of our responsibility for protecting the truly precious lives of our customers, and incessantly acting on the basis of safety first, will build a railway that assures our customers of its safety and reliability.
- 2We, with a central focus on railway business, will fulfill the expectations of our customers, shareholders, employees and their families by supporting the lifestyles of our customers, and achieving sustainable growth into the future.
- 3We, valuing interaction with customers, and considering our business from our customers' perspective, will provide comfortable services that satisfy our customers.
- 4We, together with our group companies, will consistently improve our service quality by enhancing technology and expertise through daily efforts and practices.
- 5We, deepening mutual understanding, and respecting each individual, will strive to create a company at which employees find job satisfaction and in which they take pride.
- 6We, acting in a sincere and fair manner in compliance with the spirit of legal imperatives, and working to enhance corporate ethics, will seek to be a company trusted by communities and society.
We, ever mindful of the railway accident that occurred on April 25, 2005, conscious of our responsibility for protecting the truly precious lives of our customers, and based on the conviction that ensuring safety is our foremost mission, establish this Safety Charter.
- 1Safety is ensured primarily through understanding and complying with rules and regulations, a strict execution of each individual's duty, and improvements in technology and expertise, and built up through ceaseless efforts.
- 2The most important actions for ensuring safety are to execute basic motions, to rigorously enforce safety checks, and to implement flawless communication.
- 3To ensure safety, we must make a concerted effort, irrespective of our organizational affiliation, rank or assignment.
- 4When uncertain about a decision, we must choose the most assuredly safe action.
- 5Should an accident occur, our top priorities are to prevent concomitant accidents, and to aid passengers.