For Business (Material Procurement)
Contact us about Procurement Information
- ・ If you have any question about material procurement of JR-West, please contact our channels listed as below.
- ・ These channels do not handle other questions than those of material procurement.
Finance Department (Materials Section)
2-4-24, Shibata, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-8341
- Purchasing (Rolling Stock/Materials)
- Purchase of rolling stock materials, automobile and ship materials, metal industrial goods, fuel/lumber/chemical materials, machinery/work equipment, and miscellaneous materials
- Purchasing Department (Rails/Power)
- Purchase of rails and other track materials, signals/communication systems, and electrical appliances. Disposal contract.
- Material Planning
- Planning and management of material-related work, management of supply and demand and quality
Mail to email@example.com
* For inquiries regarding other JR-WEST services, see "Inquiries regarding JR-WEST Services."
Organization of the Materials Division
Item purchases are processed in the Materials Section of the Finance Department at the head office.
The Materials Section of the Finance Department is organized as follows.
|Materials Section, Finance Department||Group
(Section names are in parentheses)
|Purchasing (Rolling Stock/Materials)||Purchase of rolling stock materials and other items|
|Purchasing (Rails/Power)||Purchase of rails and other track materials and power transmission systems|
|Materials Planning||Planning and managerial tasks for materials operations
Supply and demand/quality control tasks
Item Delivery Locations
||Small quantity items used at many locations|
||Rolling stock materials|
|Other||All facilities within the West Japan Railway Company group (Niigata Prefecture − Fukuoka Prefecture). Approx. 1000 locations.||All items|
Item Purchasing through Japan Railway West Trading Hub
West Japan Railway Company's subsidiary, Japan Railway West Trading Co., is the hub for items purchased excluding those required for managerial tasks.
Whether West Japan Railway Company makes the purchase, or Japan Railway West Trading makes the purchase, depends on the item being purchased.
Suppliers have to submit new applications to and conduct subsequent negotiations with Japan Railway West Trading for items for which Japan Railway West Trading will be the hub.
The Japan Railway West Trading website also lists the same materials procurement information listed here.
Types of Contracts
Our company has 2 types of contracts.
1. Unit Price List Contract
This is a contract method whereby the unit price and the supplier for goods that will be purchased on an ongoing basis are predetermined for a set period of time. By concluding a unit price list contract for demands during the set period, orders will be placed to that supplier at the same, predetermined price.
2. Firm Contract
A contract method whereby a contract for the goods to be purchased is concluded each time the transaction occurs (spot transactions). Negotiations will be conducted with suppliers when demand occurs.