For Business (Material Procurement)
- ・ To fulfill our management needs of placing the highest priority on safe and stable transportation, we practice the basic policy of procuring quality materials from the best partners at appropriate timing and cost from a wide variety of sources regardless of geographical location, taking into full consideration market fluctuation and demand, inventory conditions, and other conditions, and contribute to realizing a sustainable society by building a sound supply chain in accordance with the JR WEST Group Supply Chain Policy.
- ・ We select our suppliers fairly and equitably using objective criteria based on safety-related reliability, quality, technical capabilities, delivery time, cost, accident response, after-sales service system, and business condition requirements, as well as economic rationale that includes shareholder value, corporate value, and earnings forecast.
- ・ To achieve a society capable of sustainable development, we promote the purchasing of resources with low impact on the environment including effects on biodiversity and climate change through the emission of greenhouse gases, with our main focus on green procurement. Our basic policy on green procurement is stipulated in the “JR WEST Green Procurement Guidelines(link to Japanese page) .”
- ・ We ask that all of our suppliers understand and practice the “JR WEST Group Supply Chain Policy (PDF, 250KB) .”
- * As we collaborating with our suppliers to promote initiatives, we will use surveys and site visits to monitor the situation regarding the initiatives of suppliers, including governance, human rights, labor, the environment, and maintaining safe working environments.
- ・ We recognize the importance of providing information on procurement (such as procurement methods, requirements for selection of suppliers, selection criteria for items and, purchase figures and main procurement plan ) to possible business partners and companies who are willing to become business partners here and abroad.
- ・ We continually post on our website and make regular updates in English and Japanese about our procurement policy, standard procurement procedures, procurement results, and procurement plans in order to purchase quality materials from the best partners at appropriate timing and cost, to reduce the lifecycle cost by implementing after-sales service, and to fulfill our management needs of placing the highest priority on safe and stable transportation.