Using the Kyoto City Subway
and Keihan Railway (English)
Procedure before use
Purchase or exchange for a Kansai Area Pass at a JR station
Redeem the voucher that comes with the Kansai area pass you receive at a Kyoto City Subway or Keihan Railway station
Use the Kyoto City Subway or Keihan Railway using the one-day pass you received
Exchange points for each one-day pass
Kyoto City Subway
(One-day subway pass)
- ○ Kyoto City Bus and Subway Information Center(Uzumasa Tenjingawa Station, Kyoto Station, Kotochika Kyoto, Kita-Oji Station, Karasuma Oike Station)
- ○ Kyo KOKO Welcome Center (next to Kyoto station)
- ○ All Kyoto City Subway station offices
(Kyoto Sightseeing Pass)
- ○ Sanjo Station
- ○ Tofukuji Station
- ○ Fushimi-Inari Station
- ○ Uji Station
* Can be redeemed at the ticket counter of any of the above Keihan Railway stations
* At the exchange point, present your Kansai Area Pass together with the voucher to a member of staff
One-day passes for the Kyoto City Subway and Keihan Railway can be redeemed only within the validity period of the Kansai Area Pass on the day of use of the one-day pass.
Special discounts with each one-day pass (English)
Kyoto City Subway
Discounted rates are available for entry to the following facilities:
- ○ Adult ticket
- Nijo-jo Castle, The Museum of Kyoto, Kyoto City Zoo, Murin-an, Kyoto International Manga Museum, Yasaka Hall Gion Corner, Kyoto Aquarium, Yoshimoto Gion Kagetsu, Kyoto Botanical Gardens, Toei Kyoto Studio Park, Kyoto Railway Museum
- ○ Child ticket
- The Museum of Kyoto, Kyoto International Manga Museum, Kyoto Aquarium, Yoshimoto Gion-Kagetsu, Toei Kyoto Studio Park, Kyoto Railway Museum
* Available discounts differ between adult and child tickets.
* Some of the above discounts are also available with the Kansai Area Pass.
No discounts are available.
Rules when using the Kyoto City Subway and Keihan Railway
Notes regarding vouchers
- ･ Vouchers cannot be reissued for any reason even if lost.
- ･ Exchange cannot be carried out outside of the validity period of the Kansai Area Pass for any reason.
- ･ Exchange is only permitted when the Kansai Area Pass and voucher are presented together.
- ･ Vouchers will be collected at the counter at the exchange point. They cannot be retained by the customer.
- ･ The Kyoto City Subway and Keihan Railway cannot be used without redeeming the voucher for a one-day pass.
- ◎ Changes
- ･ The validity period will not be extended due to non-availability of service, delays, or similar issues.
- ･ Changing to non-eligible one-day passes is not permitted.
- ･ The day of use cannot be altered.
- ◎ Refunds
- ･ The equivalent value of the voucher will not be refunded even if it has not been used.
- ･ The equivalent value of the one-day pass will not be refunded even if it has not been used after redeeming the voucher. This applies even in cases of non-availability of service, delays, or similar issues.