What is "ICOCA & HARUKA"?
"ICOCA & HARUKA" is a discounted set containing an "ICOCA" IC card (pre-charged with ¥1,500) and a reduced-fare ticket for the Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA." The ICOCA can be used on JR, subway, private railway and bus transportation and for shopping in the Kansai Area and beyond. The Kansai-Airport Express HARUKA provides direct access from Kansai Airport to Tennoji, Shin-Osaka and Kyoto.
[ User's Guide (PDF:1.49MB) ]
- Customers can select from either a round-trip or a one-way type of discounted ticket for the Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA."
- Please use the discounted Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA" ticket for access between Kansai Airport and the Kansai Area.
- Only one ticket can be purchased per person per stay.
- The discounted "HARUKA" ticket can only be used by the person who signs the application form at the time it is purchased.
- Purchase Eligibility
- "ICOCA & HARUKA" can only be used by customers with foreign nationality whose status of residence is for a short-term stay. Please present your passport and return air ticket (or printed e-ticket) when purchasing.
- How to Purchase
"ICOCA & HARUKA" can be purchased at Kansai Airport Station.
- Use our handy online reservations system to purchase your ticket before you leave home!
- You can reserve "ICOCA & HARUKA" which will start to be used between 3 and 28 days from the date the reservation is made.
"ICOCA & HARUKA" can be paid for at Kansai Airport Station upon arrival in Japan.
After Picking-up deadline expires your booking will be cancelled automatically.
The Kansai Airport Express "HARUKA"
The Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA" is a convenient and comfortable limited express train which directly links Kansai Airport with stations in the major cities in Kansai such as Tennoji, Shin-Osaka and Kyoto. From Kansai Airport, it takes approximately 30 minutes to Tennoji, 50 minutes to Shin-Osaka and 75 minutes to Kyoto. 48 services (24 round-trips) are operated each day.
After leaving the "HARUKA" train, the discounted Kansai-Airport Express
"HARUKA" ticket can also be used for other trains within the Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above, up until the station where the passenger first exits through a ticket gate.
(With round-trip tickets, the return ticket can be used from any station within the Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above to the Kansai Airport, provided that the passenger does not exit from any station in between.)
- The one-way type of ticket is valid for one day only. The round-trip type of ticket is valid for 2 weeks.
- This is not a ticket for unlimited travel. The ticket is collected when leaving through the ticket gate.
- The only limited express train that can be used is the Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA." The ticket can be used on the Kansai Airport Rapid Service which operates to Osaka from the Kansai Airport. However, no refund will be given for the special express part of the ticket if this Kansai Airport Rapid Service is used.
- Additional fares and fees will be necessary for travel on trains outside of the area where the discounted ticket can be used.
- Separate charges will be made for the use of reserved seats or first-class cars on the Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA."
- For passengers who purchase a one-way type, the fares and fees for returning to Kansai Airport on the Kansai-Airport Express "HARUKA" will be charged at the normal price. (There is no discount.)