1. Safety (quality, delivery date, price)
- ・ We will incessantly act on the basis of safety first and provide transportation services that assure our customers of their reliability.
- ・ We will make quality assurance and a steady supply our top priorities in order to achieve safe and reliable transportation services when purchasing materials.
- ・ We will keep in mind our goal to provide high-quality transportation services for our customers at an acceptable price when procuring materials.
2. Fairness and impartiality
- ・ We will provide equal opportunities on a fair and impartial basis to suppliers both in Japan and overseas during the procurement procedure, including prequalification to become registered companies and selection of suppliers, when disclosing requirements imposed on suppliers, prequalification and selection criteria and technical requirements, and when conducting tests, etc.
- ・ We will select suppliers fairly and impartially according to objective criteria and economical rationality such as our stakeholder value, company value and a perspective of benefit, which are based on requirements such as reliability in terms of safety, quality, technical capabilities, delivery date, price, incident and issue response, after-sale conditions.
3. Mutual trust
- ・ We will endeavor to act in good faith at all times to build a relationship of mutual trust with our suppliers.
4. Environmental conservation and compliance
* Whistle-blower Hotline (exclusively for the employees of our suppliers)(link to Japanese page)
- ・ We will engage in environmental conservation efforts and implement a green procurement policy, in which we actively purchase environmentally friendly materials, to help build a society in which sustainable development is possible.
The basic principles of our green procurement measures shall be prescribed according to the JR-West Green Procurement Guidelines(link to Japanese page).
- ・ We will meet the expectations of our stakeholders with sincerity in the spirit of the relevant laws and regulations.
- ・ We will thoroughly eliminate any transaction risks associated with anti-social forces and strive to establish a code of business ethics. A Whistle-blower Hotline (exclusively for the employees of our suppliers) is open to receive inquiries or reports about corporate compliance concerns.
5. Providing and updating website information on procurements
- ・ We recognize the importance of providing information on procurement (such as procurement methods, requirements for selection of suppliers, selection criteria for items and, purchase figures and main procurement plan ) to possible business partners and companies who are willing to become business partners here and abroad.
- ・ We will continuously post information on "Basic Philosophy", "Codes of Conduct", "Request to our Suppliers", "General Contract Procedure", "Purchase Figures by Category", and "The Main Procurement Plan " on our website with regular update in English and Japanese, aiming to purchase "high quality materials" from "the best suppliers" within "a suitable time frame" and at "an appropriate price", reduce the life-cycle cost by improving the after-sale conditions, and fulfill our managerial requirements to give the highest priority to safe and reliable transportation services.