Pursuing Think-and-Act Initiatives to Realize Our Corporate Philosophy
The Corporate Philosophy and Safety Charter all of our executive officers and employees created in the wake of the Fukuchiyama Line accident form the foundation of JR-West’s management. These documents foster in all of our executive officers and employees a common attitude that they bring to the work of steadily creating a corporate culture that places top priority on safety; responding to the expectations of customers, society, shareholders, suppliers, and other stakeholders; and achieving sustainable development into the future. Toward that end, JR-West is committed to continuously thinking and acting as a unified entity.
JR-West Corporate Philosophy
- 1We, being conscious of our responsibility for protecting the truly precious lives of our customers, and incessantly acting on the basis of safety first, will build a railway that assures our customers of its safety and reliability.
- 2We, with a central focus on railway business, will fulfill the expectations of our customers, shareholders, employees and their families by supporting the lifestyles of our customers, and achieving sustainable growth into the future.
- 3We, valuing interaction with customers, and considering our business from our customers' perspective, will provide comfortable services that satisfy our customers.
- 4We, together with our group companies, will consistently improve our service quality by enhancing technology and expertise through daily efforts and practices.
- 5We, deepening mutual understanding, and respecting each individual, will strive to create a company at which employees find job satisfaction and in which they take pride.
- 6We, acting in a sincere and fair manner in compliance with the spirit of legal imperatives, and working to enhance corporate ethics, will seek to be a company trusted by communities and society.